Saturday 13 November 2010

Lazy Cook Meatball and Veggie Soup

What encourages and inspires us more than a tasty nutritious meal at the end of the day? I'm not known for my cooking skills! But recently, a neighbor brought me a plate of "sopa de albondigas (aka Mexican Meatball Soup) and I are passionately in love with her! I got this recipe, especially because it is something that can go in the freezer for those" rainy day! "He told me to mine, put in what I want and what I do not like it. So I have a half day -including expenditure - doing my version of what I call "Lazy Cook Meatball Veggie Soup." After all, it encourages me more than having something to eat before settling down for a night to write!

Preparation and cooking (if you have all the ingredients) is about 35 minutes. The flavor of this soup is fresh and simple, and the meatballs are very juicy and tender, because they are poached in the soup, not pan-brown first. If making ahead, cool, cover, and then coldup to 3 days. Simmer just reheat to serve. Makes 12-16 cups depending on how much fruit you add. (It 's a great way to get the vegetables!)

Chop the vegetables as follows:

4 stalks celery

2 Anaheim peppers (hot and long green) or 1 chopped bell pepper

1 large white onion, diced

4 large red potatoes (white with red skin potatoes) in large pieces: about 6 potatoes (the potatoes are soft!)

6 carrots, diced small (or, if alazy cook like me, a bag of fresh carrots)

½ bag Cole slaw, or you can slice ½ green cabbage if you're lazy like me

½ bunch cilantro (aka Italian parsley) Makes 1-1 ½ cups total

2 thick slices Italian Squash

Fill a large pot with 12 liters of water, add beef bouillon to taste (about 5 or 6 tablespoons diced)

Add a can of one of the large diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes, including juice

Add 3-5 clovescrushed garlic

Add 1 large onion, chopped the pot.

Add the chopped pepper to the pot.

Add 1 cup of your already chopped coriander

Salt and pepper to taste

Lower the heat under the pot (high) and bring to boil.

Waiting for cooking, prepare meatballs.

1-1 ½ pounds of ground steak or a hamburger, or turkey, or a combination

2 eggs, beaten

½ uncooked white rice

½ cup of the remainingcoriander

Worcestershire Sauce

Salt and pepper

Make 2 "meatballs with your hands (meatballs will expand)

When the liquid is boiling, drop in meatballs, one, and do not mix. Med heat Bake for 20 minutes, covered.

Add the vegetables and cook 10-15 minutes (I like crunchy vegetables!) Make sure that everything is covered with liquid.

Get a large spoon and ladle into large soup bowls. Yum, yum, yum!

Heat for 3 days or freeze for months.Tasty and good for lazy cooks like me!

© 2008 April Lorier (aka "Lazy Cook")

Tags : Cheese Store. LOWER Prices in The Same Item Collie Breads

No comments:

Post a Comment