Wednesday 19 May 2010

Quick Recipes For Dieting

The best diet recipes are those that are quick and painless. And painless recipes are very good indeed.

And there are all sorts of recipes in the world that are quick, but are they good for dieting? I have some suggestions for quick recipes for dieting, many from my own experience.

It's best to start with breakfast because breakfast is renowned for being the most important meal of the day: Providing 30% of the body's energy for the day.

When I was dieting, my breakfast meal consisted of the following:

- Eggbeater omelet with various vegetables
- Fruit sides
- Skim milk

It's not much but it's certainly quick. An omelet only takes about 5 minutes to cook up, chop an onion or green pepper, toss them in, and you have a fantastic breakfast. I usually would have fruit on the side, like grapes or a cut up apple. Just to have a little more to fill me.

And you can't go wrong with skim milk over conventional.

I remember my lunch meal to be a bit different but still pretty quick.

- Grilled chicken, no seasoning or marinade (as much as I wanted it)
- Brown rice
- Water

The best thing about this dish, albeit it's small, is that it's incredibly simple. Anybody can grill chicken and I'd use my George Foreman grill to accomplish the feat. The rice takes about 5 minutes to cook, and water as a drink is always a solid choice when cutting calories.

Let's not forget though, the importance of protein. And when I was dieting I always like to make myself a protein shake. For a lot of dieters this could be the best, quickest thing for them. After all, you simple toss stuff into a blender and turn it on.

A typical protein shake for me is similar to this:

- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Ice
- Strawberries, bananas, and any other fruit you like

Not a whole lot to it, and it takes no more than five minutes!

I'll leave dinner up to the consumer, as they are probably the most difficult meals to produce. Generally speaking though, sticking to a dinner with steamed veggies, lean meat like fish, or grains like rice are a good idea.

Personally, I'd make mostly whatever I had for lunch for dinner again.

A great idea though is to portion your food, no matter what the recipe is. This way you'll never eat too much because the calories will always be small.

In the end, as far as quick recipes go, sticking everything in the blender is probably the best choice.

My Links : Health Food Vitamin Delicious Snack Store

No comments:

Post a Comment